Sunday 3 October 2010

Most Popular Advertising Technique

I am choosing the first 10 most popular adverts on the www.tellyads.com homepage.  Here is a tally a chart showing these adverts and what the main technique used is (I am only using the 7 techniques I have discovered from my textual analysis’s. From this I am not trying to determine what advertising method is most effective but which technique is commonly used. Even though it is quite a small sample I still hope to gather valuable information about what advertising technique is mode popular. From this I will know what technique I should use in my adverts.

Technique
Tally
Nostalgia
/
Bandwagon
/
Fantasy/ supernatural

Comedy
///
Sensory
/
Facts, figures and statistics
///
Testimonial
/


















Impulse - True Love – Comedy
Avon – Fergie – Testimonial
Army - Forward As One – Bandwagon
Match.com - Creamis Whippederum Everywhereis - Comedy
Danone - Shape - Hunger Control Formula - Facts, figures and statistics
Bassett's - Soft & Chewy Omega 3 - Facts, figures and statistics
KFC - Big Night In Bucket - Too Good To Miss – Sensory
SCS - Top 10 Christmas Countdown - Facts, figures and statistics
Richmond – Sausages – Nostalgia
Birds Eye - Chicken Dippers - Don't Be A Stranger – Comedy 

Conclusion: I have found out that the two most popular techniques in an advert is facts, figures and statistics and comedy. I think that facts, figures and statistics are used to make the audience think the product is either good for them health wise or to make the advert seem more impressive with actual statistics. I also think comedy is used in many adverts to make them more memorable because audiences seem to remember adverts that make them laugh. I will think about using these two advertising techniques in my Television adverts because they are the most popular in a small sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment